The number of asthma sufferers in the U.S. keeps growing and allergies have been worsening, as well, but Precision Chiropractic can help with allergy and asthma care in St. Louis. Even with the wheezing and coughing typical in fall, our chiropractic methods can help you breathe easier as we treat the symptoms of asthma and allergies. The way it all works is a bit complex, but, basically, when your immune system gets a boost, allergy and asthma symptoms are relieved.
Chiropractic Treatments and Your Immune System
Studies have found that the ability of the nervous system to perform at an optimal level is improved with chiropractic adjustments. All bodily functions are controlled by the nervous system, and that includes the immune system. In fact, the active communication between the immune system and the nervous system has been supported with a considerable amount of evidence. The conclusion is clear:
- The better your nervous system functions, the stronger your immune system.
Chiropractic and the Power to Recuperate
As a health care discipline, chiropractic puts an emphasis on the body’s inherent power to heal itself without the need for surgery or drugs. This is known as “recuperative power.” The principle behind a focus on the relationship between the spine and the nervous system is this:
- The power within the body to heal itself is affected by and absorbed through the nervous system.
Allergies, Asthma, and Your Immune System
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has been paying attention to our increasing population of allergy and asthma sufferers. The CDC has concluded that strengthening your immune system is a pathway to better control over asthma and allergies in St. Louis. The following are some of the ways to boost your immune system:
- Chiropractic care
- Exercise according to the advice of your physician
- Each night, sleep for 7 to 8 hours
- Eat plenty of vegetables, fruits, lean protein, healthy fats, and whole grains
- Keep your blood pressure under control
- Avoid tobacco
- Wash your hands throughout each day
Control of Allergens and Your Health
Chiropractic care can help you with your immune system. The effects of allergens in your atmosphere is an entirely different facet of respiratory care. You can help to reduce known allergens in your household, and the following are a few examples:
- Instead of carpeting in your home, use area rugs.
- Vacuum and dust at least weekly.
- Minimize the clutter in your home.
- Use a regimented approach to changing the air filters in your home at the recommended intervals.
- If you have a pet, keep bedroom doors closed.
- Limit the number of house plants.
- Remove surface mold.
Schedule Your Chiropractic Appointment Today
In the St. Louis MO area, Precision Chiropractic is the place to go for family allergy and asthma care. We continually witness the healthful effects of chiropractic for our patients, and we are proud to be your allergy and asthma St. Louis specialist. For the effective solutions you need, schedule your chiropractic appointment with us today by calling (314) 596-4070.